Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's Nanowrimo!...but, not...

November is NanoWrimo-National Novel Writing Month, but, well, not for me. After thinking it over for the last few days, I have come to the conclusion that Nano just doesn't jibe with my writing style. I am more of a quality, even if it takes me a month to get the perfect paragraph, sort of person, not a quantity person. Ask any english teacher I had over the years who would become very frustrated that I was turning in 'A' papers, but only able to get a 'C-' because I waited so long to turn tham in. I very much have a perfectionist streak in me, and writing 50,000 words in a month, around everything else I do...not gonna happen. Also, I prioritiezed, and writing, though important, ranks kinda low at the moment. Marriage and Kids, then Household, then Fiber arts, with me time sprinkled in wherever for good measure. Writing for anything other than relaxation and unwinding was down somewhere with de-crumbing the toaster and cleaning under my oven. If I manage to get my book written, that I plan on eventually writing and publishing, while doing my relaxing and unwinding, Great-If not, it can wait till I have the time. My kids are only going to grow up once, and I need to be fully preasent when that happens. So, for everyone who is still doing Nano-Good luck, I hope it works for you. For those who decided not to-You are doing what is best for you, and ultimately-that is what matters.

Be good, have fun, and enjoy the little things. In a week-there won't be any color left in the trees, so go out and find the brightest red, orange, and yellow(if you can) leaves possible-press them between wax paper, wax sides together, with a low iron, and remember for years how perfect the weather was today, and that you took the time to enjoy it.

1 comment:

missbhavens said...

50,000 in a month? I think I could do that as long as the words didn't need to form sentenses of any kind...