Friday, November 11, 2005

hubbub

There's been a lot of hubbub recently about various places asserting stroller rules, rules that keep children behaved, and the like. Here now, is my official standing on this matter.
1-it takes a man and a woman to have a child, please remember that fathers are parents, too.
2- let your kids run wild at home, Hell! I know I do, but in public teach them manners. Nice people don't through tantrums, food, or hard plastic items at one another. If you misbehave, we leave. End of story.
3- very small children will occasionally fuss, they do that, if they get to be annoying, leave and sooth them, then come back.
4- Breastfeeding is a normal thing, it is not dirty, nasty or wrong...however, it may offend other people, so try to be discreet. I am not suggesting you leave a room, but try not to whip out the tit and spray someone, OK?
5- If you disagree with how I am raising my child-keep it to yourself-exceptions-if your child had the EXACT same problem as mine, and something worked well for you, offer a suggestion politely and non forcefully, if you think I am hurting my child by doing/not doing something, aproach me, nonconfrontationally, and we can talk...otherwise-BACK THE HELL OFF
6- if I am bothering you in public, say something politely instead of shooting me dirty looks, I respond to conversation

I'll add more as I think about it.

No comments: