Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I know I said I wouldn't let them piss me off

I was not going to let my dad and step-mom piss me off this summer. WAS NOT GONNA DO IT!!!!! and damnit, they did. I am checking my e-mail this morning, and get a message from them about the older of my two younger brothers graduation and grad party. I was invited, over the phone, and thru the e-mail to his grad party, that's fine-pro'lly won't make it, but at least they tried, right? Then I open the pictures. My step-sister, her husband, and their two kids are there. Ya know, Dad and step-mom are always talking about inclusiveness, how we have to be a family, how they want Hubby, me and the boys to make them a part of our lives, how we have to put in more of an effort. Bull shit! If they could invite some of their kids, why not all of them. The didn't even tell me my brother was graduating this weekend!! I am proud of him, he did an amazing job, graduated at the top of his class, lots of honors and extra curriculars, what if I wanted to at least call him to say congrats. What if I wanted to send him a card. What if I wanted to be there. Step-mom's daughter and son in law and grandkids live in Savage, that is an almost two hour drive. I live in the cities, forty-five minutes away. They say they feel hurt when they are excluded, that it hurts them not to know what's going on. What? It doesn't work both ways? I'm not supposed to be hurt when someone I am related to by blood has his biggest moment in his life so far and I don't know? Hubby always says that I need to let go, close the book on their chapter in my life 'cause all it does is cause me pain. As much as I hate to admit it, he may be right. I cannot take any more of this.

3 comments:

The Humanity Critic said...

Don't let it get you down, keep your head up.

Just Jan said...

I used to always say that friends come and go but family is forever...well the older I get the more I could give a rats 1/2 the time about family issues. You have your own family with your husband and children...enjoy every moment with them for soon they will grow up and be gone. As for your Father and Step-mom tell them how they make you feel and don't worry about upsetting them. Then...stay away for as long as it takes. Sooner or later they will call you. Hope you figure out what is best for you.

Nice blog by the way...I found you by reading Waiter rant...he's great.

Luna said...

Thanks for your support, Jan, you are pro'lly right, I just wish he wouldn't call till he was truely ready to work things out.
Humanity critic,-all I can do is keep my head high and carry on. My boys depend on me being a good momma.