Friday, March 20, 2009

just one of those weeks

I know, I know, it's been a week when I promised to try and update regularly. Thing is, it's just been one of those weeks. One of those weeks where nothing quite works right, nothing happens exactly when it should, and no one is is all together there.

four years ago, about this time, my sister was diagnosed as being bipolar. In fact, four years ago wednesday is the day she was released from spending a week in the mental ward of the hospital. That time in our lives brought us much closer together, as sisters, and as friends. I tried to be there for her as much as I could, and she has returned the favor in kind over the years.

A few days ago, a good friend called me after being released from just shy of three full days in a mental ward of a hospital. She has been diagnosed as bipolar, and is now in the fun and exciting land of having meds tweaked until the right combination is found, therapy, lots and lots of therapy, and trying to raise two young sons with her husband. I am doing what I can to be a good friend to her, and she is doing the same, in kind.

Hubby, well, Hubby can be an ass, and it seems to come out when I need him the most. This is something I am attempting to deal with.

Hermes is in week two of three, four-day school weeks. We have his conferences next Thursday evening, which always fills me with dread, not because I am worried about what they will say about him, that's almost always the same, but because I always worry a bit about what THEY will think of ME. I know I am not the stereotypical mom, and sometimes I worry that it affects how others see him.

Thor is, well, Thor. He seems to ba having more bad days than good as of late, but fewer in betweeny days. He is able to give us a little heads-up, normally, on what sort of day he is having, so that helps.

Loki? An amazing monkey. He is flexible, smart, and sometimes breaks my heart by being normal. It can be hard to see him take normal leeps of logic, and not ahve it happen to Thor.
I try very hard to make sure he gets momma/loki time, just us, stories and dancing, normally, as I fear that he just isn't getting enough of me.

I also fear, sometimes, that there just sin't enough of me to go around.

No comments: